2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Further develops the skills of the entry level osteopathic clinician by increasing patient contact in readiness for graduation. Deepens teamwork and critical analytic skills in a team based research project as the final report is developed to completion.
- Professional behaviours and competencies
- Integration and application of theory and skills
- Reflective practice
- Clinical reasoning
- Management planning
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate proficiency in conducting a full patient history|
|2||perform a full patient physical examination in context at a proficient level|
|3||demonstrate advanced clinical reasoning skills|
|4||formulate and explain a management plan and commence a safe, rational and effective series of osteopathic treatments|
|5||demonstrate professional behaviour and attitudes, including time management, data recording and reliability|
|6||demonstrate appropriate clinical reflective practice skills|
|7||demonstrate ability to work collaboratively within a team through preparation of a manuscript for submission to a peer-reviewed journal|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate proficiency in conducting a full patient history
- perform a full patient physical examination in context at a proficient level
- demonstrate advanced clinical reasoning skills
- formulate and explain a management plan and commence a safe, rational and effective series of osteopathic treatments
- demonstrate professional behaviour and attitudes, including time management, data recording and reliability
- demonstrate appropriate clinical reflective practice skills
- demonstrate ability to work collaboratively within a team through preparation of a manuscript for submission to a peer-reviewed journal
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.