Further integrates osteopathic principles into diagnostic and management processes by the teaching of advanced skills and techniques for all body regions and further develops critical appraisal of traditional techniques in the context of evidence-informed practice. These skills will be utilised in the development of a complex patient management plan.
• Stress management techniques
• Exercise intervention in an osteopathic clinical context
• Evidence based rehabilitation strategies in common conditions
• Advanced osteopathic diagnosis - integration of all physical and holistic findings
• Enhancement of critical appraisal skills
• Osteopathic technique:
- Functional methods
- Osteopathy in the cranial field
- Balanced ligamentous tension
- Combined indirect techniques - advanced integrative osteopathic technique
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse critical questions about the evidence basis of the osteopathic health care concept|
|2||create and perform safe and contextually relevant patient rehabilitation plans|
|3||demonstrate advanced clinical reasoning in osteopathic diagnosis utilising an integrative neuro-musculoskeletal approach|
|4||integrate advanced osteopathic technique in complex patient management|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse critical questions about the evidence basis of the osteopathic health care concept
- create and perform safe and contextually relevant patient rehabilitation plans
- demonstrate advanced clinical reasoning in osteopathic diagnosis utilising an integrative neuro-musculoskeletal approach
- integrate advanced osteopathic technique in complex patient management
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.