Integrates osteopathic principles into diagnostic and management processes through teaching of integrative osteopathic technique for all body regions across the lifespan. This unit advances clinical reasoning skills in the context of evidence-informed osteopathic practice utilising an integrative neuro-musculoskeletal approach. These skills will be utilised in the development of a complex patient management plan.
- Integration of evidence into osteopathic practice in the biopsychosocial context
- Advanced anatomy including embryology (wet lab tutorials and self-directed learning)
- Functional methods
- Osteopathy in the cranial field
- Balanced ligamentous tension
- Combined indirect techniques - advanced integrative osteopathic technique
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explain the evidence basis of the osteopathic health care concept|
|2||demonstrate advanced understanding of anatomy and embryology|
|3||demonstrate advanced clinical reasoning in osteopathic diagnosis utilising an integrative neuro-musculoskeletal approach|
|4||integrate advanced osteopathic technique in complex patient management|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explain the evidence basis of the osteopathic health care concept
- demonstrate advanced understanding of anatomy and embryology
- demonstrate advanced clinical reasoning in osteopathic diagnosis utilising an integrative neuro-musculoskeletal approach
- integrate advanced osteopathic technique in complex patient management
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.