Extends students’ theoretical knowledge and social and emotional skills to improve communication, teamwork and client safety. Students learn mindfulness and reflection to understand self and others. Teamwork skills are developed including: basic project planning; fostering a team climate; facilitating the contributions of others; giving and receiving feedback. Leadership skills are developed to manage conflict and aggression using diplomacy and assertiveness in line with organisational policies and processes.
- Factors affecting teamwork and client safety and introduction to neuroscience
- Theoretical foundations of social and emotional competence
- Mindfulness and critical self reflection
- Skills for fostering a team climate; including leadership, project planning, group facilitation and coordination
- Skills for giving and receiving feedback to peers and subordinates
- Conflict management skills; dealing with aggression, boundaries, bullying and mobbing
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||integrate knowledge from neuroscience to explain the relationships between thoughts, feelings and behaviour|
|2||integrate critical mindfulness techniques into daily life to increase awareness and management of own values, thoughts and emotions|
|3||critically evaluate the emotions and behaviours of self and others to enable learning from experience using a model of reflection|
|4||implement models of social and emotional intelligence to foster a team climate, manage boundaries, task allocation, giving and receiving feedback|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- integrate knowledge from neuroscience to explain the relationships between thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- integrate critical mindfulness techniques into daily life to increase awareness and management of own values, thoughts and emotions
- critically evaluate the emotions and behaviours of self and others to enable learning from experience using a model of reflection
- implement models of social and emotional intelligence to foster a team climate, manage boundaries, task allocation, giving and receiving feedback
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Teaching and assessment
|Structured online learning (6 weeks)|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.