Examines healthcare leadership from the strategic management and planning perspective. Factors from the internal and external environments which impact contemporary health services are critically explored. Pertinent health, social and community care issues from these environments are used to exemplify the principles of strategic leadership and planning.
- Strategic leadership in practice
- Strategic leadership processes in health, social and community services
- Environmental factors influencing strategic planning of the health, social and community care services
- Strategy formulation, implementation and evaluation in health, social and community services
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify the concept of strategic direction of health, social and community care services|
|2||locate and analyse the internal and external factors in shaping the strategic direction of health, social and community services|
|3||plan, implement and evaluate a strategic management framework within health, social and community services|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify the concept of strategic direction of health, social and community care services
- locate and analyse the internal and external factors in shaping the strategic direction of health, social and community services
- plan, implement and evaluate a strategic management framework within health, social and community services
Prescribed Learning Resources
- This book is available as an e-Book: Ginter, PM, Duncan, WJ & Swayne, LE, 2018, The strategic management of health care organizations, 8th edn, John Wiley & Sons.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Teaching and assessment
|Structured online learning (6 weeks)|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.