2019 unit offering information will be available in September 2018
Extends students' understanding of pedorthic treatment options for clients with complex medical issues impacting the lower limb and the client's mobility. This unit entails the design and manufacturing of pedorthic appliances, including the de novo construction of custom-made footwear and orthotic appliances.
- Limitations of various pathologies impacting on lower limb mobility
- Development of a treatment plan for severely compromised lower limbs
- Assessment of lower limb deformities through three dimensional evaluation
- Application of knowledge of raw materials to construct lasts, orthotic appliances and footwear
- Advanced understanding and assessment of body, lower limb and footwear alignment under consideration of static and dynamic conditions in context with existing pathology and Pedorthics
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||assess and explain the limitations of the compromised lower limb and develop a treatment plan||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||describe the process and take a three dimensional representation of the relevant part(s) of the lower limb||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||apply principles of custom-making footwear, orthotic appliances and functional and fashionable design||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|4||demonstrate competence in manufacturing and fitting a finished pedorthic appliance||Knowledge of a discipline|
|5||conduct diagnostic fitting tests||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
|Workshop on-site 8 hours x 2 days (3 weeks )|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2019 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.