Introduces students to the concepts of lower limb assessment and diagnostics. Students will learn in a collaborative practical laboratory environment.
Initial approach to assessment of a patient
- Obtaining and interpreting a client history
- Systemic health and chronic disease
Clinical assessment of the body systems in relation to lower limbs
- Vascular assessment
- Neurological assessment
- Musculoskeletal assessment
- Dermatological assessment
- Footwear assessment
Assessment of specific patient groups:
- Assessment of the paediatric patient
- Assessment of the older person
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||discuss relevance of patient history in assessment of the lower limb|
|2||perform clinical assessments of the lower limb|
|3||interpret physical assessment results with respect to the evidence base|
|4||interpret assessment results to inform diagnosis of lower limb conditions|
|5||develop evidence-based strategies to assess a patient’s health and presenting concerns|
|6||discuss roles of other health professionals in assessment of the lower limb.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- discuss relevance of patient history in assessment of the lower limb
- perform clinical assessments of the lower limb
- interpret physical assessment results with respect to the evidence base
- interpret assessment results to inform diagnosis of lower limb conditions
- develop evidence-based strategies to assess a patient’s health and presenting concerns
- discuss roles of other health professionals in assessment of the lower limb.
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.