Builds on student’s knowledge of lower limb neurovascular disease and pathomechanics. Students learn about assessment and treatment of the at-risk foot including wound management. Includes engagement with case-based scenarios and placement experiences.
- Epidemiology and socioeconomic burden of the at risk foot
- Underlying pathologies of the at risk foot
- Assessment and risk stratification of the lower limb
- Wound prevention and management
- Biomechanics and offloading of the at risk foot
- Interprofessional skills in the prevention and management of the at risk foot
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically appraise the evidence pertaining to the assessment and management of the high-risk foot|
|2||assess foot complication risk in at-risk populations|
|3||assess the clinical presentation of the acute and chronic high-risk foot|
|4||apply practical skills to assess, prevent and treat the high-risk foot|
|5||safely and appropriately manage acute foot wounds and those in remission|
|6||demonstrate competence in a clinical multi-disciplinary high-risk foot setting|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically appraise the evidence pertaining to the assessment and management of the high-risk foot
- assess foot complication risk in at-risk populations
- assess the clinical presentation of the acute and chronic high-risk foot
- apply practical skills to assess, prevent and treat the high-risk foot
- safely and appropriately manage acute foot wounds and those in remission
- demonstrate competence in a clinical multi-disciplinary high-risk foot setting
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.