Students complete 200 hours of work integrated learning under the supervision of one or more podiatry clinicians in this first of two external work integrated learning units. Students will apply the skills and knowledge acquired throughout their degree whilst undertaking professional experience placements in urban, regional, rural or remote settings.
This unit addresses professional capabilities within the following domains set out by the Podiatry Board:
- Domain 1: Podiatrist
- Domain 2: Professional and ethical practitioner
- Domain 3: Communicator and collaborator
- Domain 4: Lifelong learner
- Domain 5: Quality and risk manager
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||evaluate patient assessment and intervention plans|
|2||demonstrate professional, safe and ethical practice and clinical reasoning|
|3||develop and conduct effective interventions|
|4||create and maintain appropriate patient records, reports and other required documentation|
|5||demonstrate and practice initiative and self-direction|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- evaluate patient assessment and intervention plans
- demonstrate professional, safe and ethical practice and clinical reasoning
- develop and conduct effective interventions
- create and maintain appropriate patient records, reports and other required documentation
- demonstrate and practice initiative and self-direction
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.