2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
This units builds on the object-oriented programming features learned in pre-requisite units by looking at advanced object-oriented concepts and their application in a modern API. By learning a modern API students will learn how to apply the concepts as well as understanding their technical makeup.
- Inheritance and polymorphism
- Abstract classes and interfaces
- Collections and data structures
- JavaFX as a example API using Java features
- Parallel programming
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||use classes, inheritance and polymorphism|
|2||use abstract classes and interfaces to build inheritance hierarchies and polymorphic code|
|3||use generics as implemented in a data structure/collection framework|
|4||interpret and apply advanced object-oriented language features as used in a complex modern API|
|5||use parallel programming features as provided by a modern object-oriented language|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- use classes, inheritance and polymorphism
- use abstract classes and interfaces to build inheritance hierarchies and polymorphic code
- use generics as implemented in a data structure/collection framework
- interpret and apply advanced object-oriented language features as used in a complex modern API
- use parallel programming features as provided by a modern object-oriented language
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.