2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
Introduces students to the development of applications for mobile devices building on introductory programming, design and data communications units. Techniques for the design and development of client applications on mobile devices will be explored and applied. Modern middleware for interacting with server, peer-to-peer and cloud based data will also be examined and used in practical applications.
1. User-centred design for mobile device interfaces
2. Programming web-based applications for mobile devices
2. Programming stand-alone applications for mobile devices
3. Mobile device architecture, interfaces and operating systems
4. Client-side middleware for connected mobile applications to cloud-based services.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Design application interfaces employing user-centred techniques|
|2||Create mobile applications using modern development frameworks|
|3||Contrast mobile device architectures, interfaces and operating systems|
|4||Create mobile systems that use common middleware technology|
|5||Analyse and recommend security requirements specific to mobile applications.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Design application interfaces employing user-centred techniques
- Create mobile applications using modern development frameworks
- Contrast mobile device architectures, interfaces and operating systems
- Create mobile systems that use common middleware technology
- Analyse and recommend security requirements specific to mobile applications.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.