|China - Guangxi UST||N/A|
|Papua New Guinea - IBSU Port Moresby||N/A|
Continues with the principles of object-oriented programming using a standard programming language and an intermediate development environment. This unit works with more extensive structures of objects including collections of objects and arrays. Students are given a solid introduction to libraries and interfaces, the Java standard library, helper classes and documentation.
Variables, wrappers, and maths
Arrays and loops
Strings and dates
Collections and Lists
Advanced class building blocks
Exception handling and garbage collection
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||modify and expand short object-oriented programs that use standard control structures|
|2||design, implement, test, and debug simple programs in an object-oriented programming language|
|3||demonstrate how to use class mechanisms to support encapsulation and efficient code|
|4||analyse and determine appropriate data structures and iteration methods to support a solution|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- modify and expand short object-oriented programs that use standard control structures
- design, implement, test, and debug simple programs in an object-oriented programming language
- demonstrate how to use class mechanisms to support encapsulation and efficient code
- analyse and determine appropriate data structures and iteration methods to support a solution
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- BlueJ Java Development Environment - available from https://www.bluej.org/ (free download) (Optional) Netbeans Integrated Development Environment - Available from https://netbeans.org/downloads/ (free download)
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.