Covers fundamental concepts of programming and basic principles in the design and development of a program, its data structures and algorithms. This unit provides foundation knowledge and skills in programming and problem-solving using programming techniques which prepares students for advanced programming and software development tasks in desktop, mobile and cloud environment.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse the execution of a program or code segment to determine the output of the code.|
|2||modify an existing program or code segment to achieve an intended outcome.|
|3||design or select suitable data structures and algorithms for a problem.|
|4||apply algorithmic thinking and programming techniques in solving simplified computational problems.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse the execution of a program or code segment to determine the output of the code.
- modify an existing program or code segment to achieve an intended outcome.
- design or select suitable data structures and algorithms for a problem.
- apply algorithmic thinking and programming techniques in solving simplified computational problems.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.