Equips students with the skills necessary to understand and actively manage programming and programmed systems. Explores concepts such as outsourcing, testing, system procurement, system integration and implementation management. In addition, students will be introduced to key techniques for project management of design, implementation and maintenance processes for software development projects.
1. Testing techniques: usability, unit, integration and others
2. Centralised and distributed version management systems
3. Software procurement, evaluation and acceptance
4. Management of software development projects
5. Maintenance of software systems and change request management
6. Impact and management of modern trends in software design (Cloud, Mobile, Service Oriented design, etc.)
7. Other project management techniques applicable to software development projects
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||develop and implement plans for software testing in the areas of acceptance, usability, unit, integration and others|
|2||create software procurement specifications and evaluate candidate proposals|
|3||modify code and documents using version management systems|
|4||assess and evaluate maintenance systems in large scale software projects|
|5||analyse and recommend management actions due to the impact of current trends in software project design and development|
|6||assess and recommend appropriate modern information technology project management techniques for a variety of model projects|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- develop and implement plans for software testing in the areas of acceptance, usability, unit, integration and others
- create software procurement specifications and evaluate candidate proposals
- modify code and documents using version management systems
- assess and evaluate maintenance systems in large scale software projects
- analyse and recommend management actions due to the impact of current trends in software project design and development
- assess and recommend appropriate modern information technology project management techniques for a variety of model projects
- The textbook provides a good reference to all topics in the unit: Somerville, I, 2016, Software Engineering, 10th edn, Pearson Education Limited, Edinburgh Gate. ISBN: 978-1-292-09613-1.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.