Covers contemporary software development methods and techniques. This unit equips students with the skills necessary to understand and actively manage software and programmed systems in an Agile team setting. Students will learn about testing, configuration, procurement management and DevOps processes.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||develop, implement and manage software development programs and strategies in an team-based environment.|
|2||assess and evaluate testing and configuration management methods in multi-scale software projects.|
|3||classify and produce software procurement specifications.|
|4||evaluate and propose management actions to assure software product quality.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- develop, implement and manage software development programs and strategies in an team-based environment.
- assess and evaluate testing and configuration management methods in multi-scale software projects.
- classify and produce software procurement specifications.
- evaluate and propose management actions to assure software product quality.
- The textbook provides a good reference to all topics in the unit: Somerville, I, 2016, Software Engineering, 10th edn, Pearson Education Limited, Edinburgh Gate. ISBN: 978-1-292-09613-1.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.