Provides the techniques and tools to design and develop smart applications using the internet of things (IoT). Students will design, develop and test IoT solutions, as well as future techniques and tools for agile developments of IoT solutions, and improving the reliability and functionality of the intelligent applications.
Module 1. IoT Applications and Frameworks
Module 2. Things and Connectivity
Module 3. IoT Data Analysis and Visualisation
Module 4. Methodology and tools for software development of IoT applications
Module 5. Designing and Developing IoT applications
Module 6. Security, privacy, trends, issues, and ethical concerns in IoT
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse opportunities and requirements for developing IoT solutions|
|2||identify and evaluate recent trends and advances in IoT technologies|
|3||develop IoT applications and the supporting framework of connected things|
|4||determine and critically assess performance issues, security, privacy and ethical concerns of the proposed IoT application|
|5||propose solutions to intelligent IoT features which can enhance user experience and promote better use of the technologies|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse opportunities and requirements for developing IoT solutions
- identify and evaluate recent trends and advances in IoT technologies
- develop IoT applications and the supporting framework of connected things
- determine and critically assess performance issues, security, privacy and ethical concerns of the proposed IoT application
- propose solutions to intelligent IoT features which can enhance user experience and promote better use of the technologies
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.