Provides methods, tools and techniques to design and develop ubiquitous computing applications using the internet of things (IoT). It takes students through the process of developing a software application for smart home and smart environment on an industry standard IoT platform. Students will learn to interact with sensors and actuators as well as to build a data processing pipeline to collect, process and visualise the sensing data.
Module 1. IoT platforms and applications
Module 2. Methodology, techniques and tools for IoT application development
Module 3. Programming sensors and actuators
Module 4. IoT data collection and pre-processing
Module 5. IoT data analysis and visualisation
Module 6. Performance, scalability and security of IoT applications.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||program sensors and actuators to interact with the surrounding environment.|
|2||develop a pipeline for data collection, analysis and visualisation using an IoT supporting framework.|
|3||design and prototype IoT applications on an industry standard IoT platform.|
|4||evaluate and propose solution to improve performance, scalability and security of IoT applications.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- program sensors and actuators to interact with the surrounding environment.
- develop a pipeline for data collection, analysis and visualisation using an IoT supporting framework.
- design and prototype IoT applications on an industry standard IoT platform.
- evaluate and propose solution to improve performance, scalability and security of IoT applications.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.