Provides students with both theoretical and practical skills to respond to rapidly changing mobile and cloud application developments. Students will be able to design, develop and test a cloud-enabled mobile application, as well as identify the risks of privacy, security and ethical use of personal data.
1. Web programming languages and tools
2. Introduction to cross-platform frameworks
3. Web and mobile app development
4. Cloud technologies, security issues, and APIs
5. Cloud mechanisms and serverless computing
6. Cloud architectures and databases
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||design and develop mobile applications using industry-standard development frameworks.|
|2||apply cloud computing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to create cloud-based mobile applications.|
|3||examine privacy and security issues of cloud systems.|
|4||analyse problems with cloud systems to propose and evaluate solution(s).|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- design and develop mobile applications using industry-standard development frameworks.
- apply cloud computing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to create cloud-based mobile applications.
- examine privacy and security issues of cloud systems.
- analyse problems with cloud systems to propose and evaluate solution(s).
Prescribed Learning Resources
- T. Erl, Z. Mahmood, and R. Puttini, 2013, Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology and Architecture, 1st, Pearson, USA. ISBN: Printed version: ISBN-13: 9780133387520; Online version: ISBN-13: 9780133387513.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.