Develops students' understanding of the principles of project management, from a managerial perspective in an organisational setting, and the skills needed to plan and manage projects with teams. Students will be introduced to the various phases and processes associated with a project life cycle, and should understand the knowledge areas associated with any project and explore practical applications of the knowledge acquired through this unit.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Project Management Body of Knowledge; terminology, principles and applications|
|2||explain the internal and external roles and responsibilities and present within project management teams|
|3||critique current trends in project management research and practice|
|4||synthesise and reinterpret a past or existing project using PMBOK terminology and frames.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Project Management Body of Knowledge; terminology, principles and applications
- explain the internal and external roles and responsibilities and present within project management teams
- critique current trends in project management research and practice
- synthesise and reinterpret a past or existing project using PMBOK terminology and frames.
- Kloppenborg, TJ, Anantatmula, V & Wells, KN, 2018, Contemporary Project Management, 4th edn, Cengage Learning, Boston, MA, USA.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.