2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Analysis of foundational concepts of project management and evaluation of current trends in project management practice and research. Students participate in structured learning activities and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of core project management concepts in practice.
- Project Management Introduction, Charter and Kick-Off
- Communication Plan, WBS and RACI
- Time Management and Cost Management
- Progress Reporting, Scope Change and Crashing
- Risk Management and Quality Management
- Procurement, Teams and Project Closure
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Project Management Body of Knowledge; terminology, principles and applications|
|2||explain the internal and external roles and responsibilities and present within project management teams|
|3||critique current trends in project management research and practice|
|4||synthesise and reinterpret a past or existing project using PMBOK terminology and frames.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Project Management Body of Knowledge; terminology, principles and applications
- explain the internal and external roles and responsibilities and present within project management teams
- critique current trends in project management research and practice
- synthesise and reinterpret a past or existing project using PMBOK terminology and frames.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.