Consideration of project initiation and planning as the first processes in the project management lifecycle. Students undertake structure and problem-based (scenario) learning to evaluate and assess a project at the selection phase, and create and critique comprehensive project management plans and charters.
- Project Selection
- Stakeholder and Communication Management
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning — Scope Management
- Project Time and Resource Management
- Project Planning — Cost Estimation
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Assess alignment of project goals with organisational capabilities|
|2||Create and apply project selection matrices|
|3||Create a project charter|
|4||Assess and manage project budgets, assumptions, resource constraints against stakeholder needs|
|5||Develop sustainable and agile project management plans.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Assess alignment of project goals with organisational capabilities
- Create and apply project selection matrices
- Create a project charter
- Assess and manage project budgets, assumptions, resource constraints against stakeholder needs
- Develop sustainable and agile project management plans.
- Available from www.pmi.org. Students who become members of the PMI (USD32) receive a complimentary digital copy: Project Management Institute, 2017, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, 6th edn, Project Management Institute, Newtown Square, Pennsylvania. ISBN: 9-781-628-25184-5.
- This is the basic text for this course. Available as an eBook.: Kloppenborg, TJ, Anantatmula, V & Wells, KN, 2018, Contemporary Project Management, 4th edn, Cengage Learning, Boston, MA, USA. ISBN: 9781337406451.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.