2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Consideration of project initiation and planning as the first processes in the project management lifecycle. Students undertake structure and problem-based (scenario) learning to evaluate and assess a project at the selection phase, and create and critique comprehensive project management plans and charters.
- Project Selection
- Stakeholder and Communication Management
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning — Scope Management
- Project Time and Resource Management
- Project Planning — Cost Estimation
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Assess alignment of project goals with organisational capabilities|
|2||Assess and manage project budgets, assumptions, resource constraints against stakeholder needs|
|3||Develop sustainable project management plans.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Assess alignment of project goals with organisational capabilities
- Assess and manage project budgets, assumptions, resource constraints against stakeholder needs
- Develop sustainable project management plans.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.