Provides students with skills in the organisation, implementation and management of strategies to purchase, maintain and enhance the longevity of public and private infrastructure assets and engineering technology. Asset management software tools are introduced. Emphasis is on developing strategic asset management decision making skills in students, through activities that integrate underpinning theories and best engineering industry practice.
- An Introduction to Strategic Management
- Understanding the Developing and Implementing of EIAM Strategy
- Quality Management in EIAM Organisations
- Critical analysis of Asset Management Frameworks
- Integration of Asset Management Frameworks
- EIAM Capability Delivery
- Organisational Aspects of EIAM
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply life-cycle analysis to infrastructure assets and engineering technology|
|2||evaluate the required service life of infrastructure assets and engineering technology|
|3||familiarisation and application of asset management-based software tools|
|4||integrate theory and best practice of infrastructure asset management to a case study|
|5||understand and apply asset management frameworks.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply life-cycle analysis to infrastructure assets and engineering technology
- evaluate the required service life of infrastructure assets and engineering technology
- familiarisation and application of asset management-based software tools
- integrate theory and best practice of infrastructure asset management to a case study
- understand and apply asset management frameworks.
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.