Continues to progress the research process introduced in the unit Engineering, Infrastructure and Asset Management (EIAM) Research Project 1 by developing and applying an evidence-based research design. Participants will create an industry-accessible publication that reports on the research process and elaborates on the business solutions and/or research implications.
Review of research tools
Mixed methods analysis
Reporting to industry
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explain and develop and/or utilise evidence-based research instrument/s|
|2||demonstrate an understanding of research methods and methodology|
|3||ethically and skilfully undertake data collection processes|
|4||creatively and effectively analyse data to reveal underlying patterns, themes and relationships|
|5||present research findings and recommendations in a professional report that is practical and relevant to the needs of targeted stakeholders.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explain and develop and/or utilise evidence-based research instrument/s
- demonstrate an understanding of research methods and methodology
- ethically and skilfully undertake data collection processes
- creatively and effectively analyse data to reveal underlying patterns, themes and relationships
- present research findings and recommendations in a professional report that is practical and relevant to the needs of targeted stakeholders.
- E-book available through SCU library (http://scu.eblib.com.au.ezproxy.scu.edu.au/patron/ FullRecord.aspx?p=2166415 ): Yin, RK, 2016, Qualitative Research From Start to Finish, The Guildford Press, New York. ISBN: 9781606237014.
- E-book available through SCU library (http://scu.eblib.com.au.ezproxy.scu.edu.au/patron/ FullRecord.aspx?p=2166415 ):: Creswell, JW, 2014, Research design: qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches, 4th edn, Sage, Thousand Oaks. ISBN: 991000537930402368.
- E-book of prescribed text available through SCU Library: http://scu.eblib.com.au.ezproxy.scu.edu.au/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=2166415: Hair Jr., JF, Celsi, M, Money, A, Samouel, P & Page, M, 2016, The Essentials of Business Research Methods, 3rd edn, Taylor & Francis, New York. ISBN: 9781606237014.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.