Why do people remain physically inactive despite the well-documented physiological, psychological, and social health and wellbeing benefits of physical activity participation? What is it like inside the minds of elite athletes, and what psychological skills do they use to maintain peak performance? Well, if you want to learn the answers to these questions, come along and study this unit. You will study the psychological theories explaining why people engage with or disengage from physical activity, how to enhance health and wellbeing through physical activity participation, and the factors underpinning sports performance and strategies that can optimise outcomes for athletic populations.
- Exercise psychology overview
- Exercise psychology theories
- Psychological health and wellbeing
- Exercise adherence
- Sport psychology overview
- Psychological skills training
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||assess psychological theories/models in the context of physical activity, exercise, and sport|
|2||identify the factors that influence physical activity behaviours and sporting performance|
|3||explain how physical activity and exercise promote psychological health and wellbeing|
|4||analyse the role of behaviour strategies in improving exercise adherence and enhancing sports performance|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- assess psychological theories/models in the context of physical activity, exercise, and sport
- identify the factors that influence physical activity behaviours and sporting performance
- explain how physical activity and exercise promote psychological health and wellbeing
- analyse the role of behaviour strategies in improving exercise adherence and enhancing sports performance
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.