Learn how to do applied research! We examine core principles in designing rigorous, high-quality research, and develop practical skills in data collection and analysis. You will be able to critically appraise quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-method research. In the process, you will develop an understanding of their relative strengths and weaknesses, and how they can be used to practically answer applied research questions in psychology.
- Research possibilities
- Conducting qualitative research
- Synthesising evidence
- Dissemination of research
- Theory into practice
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||examine the relevance, importance, and potential value of various research approaches to scientific inquiry in applied psychology|
|2||apply practical skills for collecting qualitative data|
|3||analyse qualitative data using thematic analysis|
|4||evaluate quantitative and qualitative research designs and understand key principles of data analysis|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- examine the relevance, importance, and potential value of various research approaches to scientific inquiry in applied psychology
- apply practical skills for collecting qualitative data
- analyse qualitative data using thematic analysis
- evaluate quantitative and qualitative research designs and understand key principles of data analysis
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.