Provides students with the opportunity to obtain experience in designing empirical research, under supervision, in a specialised field of psychology. The unit will address topics in advanced research methods and ethics and lead to a research proposal and poster presentation.
- Conducting and writing a literature review
- Advanced topics in research methods and ethics
- Developing a research proposal
- Writing an ethics application
- Practical considerations in research
- Presenting a research proposal
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||systematically and critically analyse empirical literature in psychology|
|2||compose a literature review|
|3||design a research project to address a psychological question or hypothesis|
|4||design a means for collecting empirical data pertaining to a research question|
|5||produce a research proposal that outlines the rationale for the research question, and which specifies appropriate methodologies and analyses|
|6||appraise ethical requirements for research|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- systematically and critically analyse empirical literature in psychology
- compose a literature review
- design a research project to address a psychological question or hypothesis
- design a means for collecting empirical data pertaining to a research question
- produce a research proposal that outlines the rationale for the research question, and which specifies appropriate methodologies and analyses
- appraise ethical requirements for research
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.