Focuses on basic psychological assessment and intervention across a range of contexts, including clinical practice, education, social, public health, and business settings. Students are encouraged to critically examine the social context in which assessment, intervention and evaluation take place. This will be achieved by analysing and critiquing how research on assessment and intervention is reported and how future practitioners achieve maximum effectiveness through their own oral and written communication. The unit adopts an inquiry-based learning approach drawing on experiential simulated situations to provide students with a sense of real-world experience in preparation for their transition to practice, further education, and working life.
- Psychological assessment
- Psychological intervention
- Social context and cultural influences
- Psychological assessment and intervention in practice
- Psychological assessment and intervention in research
- Evaluation of psychological assessment and intervention
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explain key assessments and appropriate interventions for application across a range of contexts|
|2||discuss influences of social context on intervention efficacy|
|3||analyse issues and research conducted in assessment and intervention|
|4||apply assessment and intervention strategies to case study scenarios across a range of contexts|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explain key assessments and appropriate interventions for application across a range of contexts
- discuss influences of social context on intervention efficacy
- analyse issues and research conducted in assessment and intervention
- apply assessment and intervention strategies to case study scenarios across a range of contexts
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.