Equips students with skills to be a scientist-practitioner, including critically reviewing translational research evidence to inform psychological practice, and understanding limitations of evidence-based practice. Students will learn how to design applied research to examine the efficacy of psychology interventions, including ethical and cultural considerations. Case study design (including N = 1), qualitative analysis, and statistics for psychology practitioners will be covered. Students will also learn how to critically appraise practitioner research methods.
- The scientist-practitioner model
- Critically review evidence used by psychology practitioners including research methodology
- Translational research
- Design applied research for psychology
- Single-case research design
- Research methods and statistics appropriate for psychology practitioners
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically appraise and interpret research evidence to guide professional practice in psychology|
|2||investigate a substantive research question in professional psychology|
|3||design a single-case research study for psychology|
|4||select and perform appropriate research methods and statistics for psychology practitioners|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically appraise and interpret research evidence to guide professional practice in psychology
- investigate a substantive research question in professional psychology
- design a single-case research study for psychology
- select and perform appropriate research methods and statistics for psychology practitioners
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.