2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
Focuses on an overall consolidation of the learning and ongoing development of competencies required to qualify as an entry level practitioner of clinical exercise physiology. Provides practical experience of client assessment methodologies, the provision of prescription and delivery of exercise for target pathologies within multidisciplinary settings. Students will be expected to integrate specific knowledge in order to develop appropriate clinical interventions within clinically relevant time frames.
- Scope of Practice of the Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA) Code of Conduct and Ethical Practice
- Client centred care models
- Metabolic, cardiopulmonary, kidney and cancer pathologies
- Clinical Placement
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||integrate theory with practice in a variety of multidisciplinary clinical exercise physiology practice environments|
|2||design and manage the clinical exercise therapy for clients with metabolic, respiratory, kidney, cancer and cardiovascular pathologies|
|3||apply individual health and psychosocial information to formulate assessments and interventions to treat and engage individual clients|
|4||reflect on learning and personal experience towards professional development|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- integrate theory with practice in a variety of multidisciplinary clinical exercise physiology practice environments
- design and manage the clinical exercise therapy for clients with metabolic, respiratory, kidney, cancer and cardiovascular pathologies
- apply individual health and psychosocial information to formulate assessments and interventions to treat and engage individual clients
- reflect on learning and personal experience towards professional development
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.