2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Consolidates the ongoing development of competencies and the ethical and professional standards that are required to become an entry level practitioner of clinical exercise physiology. Students will develop advanced skills in the application of effective exercise for all the relevant pathology domains associated with chronic conditions.
- The role of evidence based practice
- Differentiation of contraindications in the musculoskeletal and neuromuscular domains
- Professional communication
- Principles of body mechanics and functional capacity
- Adverse clinical symptoms
- Referral in a multi-disciplinary context
- Clinical placement
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||design and manage the clinical exercise therapy for clients with musculoskeletal and neuromuscular pathologies|
|2||recognise and follow the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethical Practice, standards of best practice and medico-legal framework of practice|
|3||critically evaluate scientific literature from a clinical perspective|
|4||produce professional documentation and written communication.|
|5||exhibit the clinical skills and competencies of a professional graduate-level Clinical Exercise Physiologist|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- design and manage the clinical exercise therapy for clients with musculoskeletal and neuromuscular pathologies
- recognise and follow the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethical Practice, standards of best practice and medico-legal framework of practice
- critically evaluate scientific literature from a clinical perspective
- produce professional documentation and written communication.
- exhibit the clinical skills and competencies of a professional graduate-level Clinical Exercise Physiologist
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.