Recognises students' learning through the completion of a vocational qualification equivalent to the TAFE (or other recognised VET provider) Certificate III in Information Digital Media and Technology including the completion of essential competencies or equivalents as outlined by the School of Education.
Unit contentEssential Competencies
1. Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultative processes
2. Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
3. Work and communicate effectively in an IT environment
4. Create user documentation
5. Install and optimise operating system software
6. Run standard diagnostic tests
7. Operate application software packages
8. Implement system software changes
9. Customise packaged software applications for clients
10. Use advanced features of computer applications
11. Develop macros and templates for clients using standard products
12. Review and maintain a website
13. Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
14. Create a simple markup language document
15. Build simple websites using commercial programs
16. Produce digital images for the web
17. Provide IT advice to clients
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate skills and knowledge in information, digital media and technology consistent with the competencies outlined in the syllabus section of this statement.||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2014 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.