Utilises examples of studies drawn from areas such as public health, nursing, midwifery, sports and exercise science, allied health and biomedical science to equip students with an understanding of contemporary approaches to research and evaluation as applied in real-world settings.
- The research process and project management
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Qualitative methodologies and data collection strategies
- Quantitative methodologies and data collection strategies
- Principles and practices of sampling and recruitment
- Ethical issues, research integrity, intellectual property and ethics processes
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate selective application of an applied research methodology|
|2||plan and initiate a research project|
|3||consolidate a broad understanding of theoretical concepts in research|
|4||demonstrate an understanding of ethical and privacy considerations associated with the design and conduct of health science research|
|5||demonstrate knowledge of ethical approval processes for human research.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate selective application of an applied research methodology
- plan and initiate a research project
- consolidate a broad understanding of theoretical concepts in research
- demonstrate an understanding of ethical and privacy considerations associated with the design and conduct of health science research
- demonstrate knowledge of ethical approval processes for human research.
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.