Develops students’ data and statistical analysis knowledge and skills for research. Students will learn about the analysis and representation of quantitative research, inferential analyses using standard statistical software, and how research can integrate quantitative and qualitative data using mixed methods approaches.
- Qualitative research – assumptions and analyses
- Qualitative research – interpreting and presenting findings
- Inferential statistics – prediction and relationships
- Inferential statistics – comparing several means
- Inferential statistics – repeated-measures
- Integrating quantitative and qualitative data
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||select appropriate data and statistical analyses to answer a research question|
|2||conduct quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods data analysis|
|3||interpret quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods data analysis|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- select appropriate data and statistical analyses to answer a research question
- conduct quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods data analysis
- interpret quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods data analysis
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.