Develops students’ data and statistical analysis knowledge and skills for research. Students will learn about the analysis and representation of quantitative research, inferential analyses using standard statistical software, and how research can integrate quantitative and qualitative data using mixed methods approaches.
- Qualitative research – assumptions and analyses
- Qualitative research – interpreting and presenting findings
- Inferential statistics – prediction and relationships
- Inferential statistics – comparing several means
- Inferential statistics – repeated-measures and mixed designs
- Integrating quantitative and qualitative data
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||select appropriate data and statistical analyses to answer a research question|
|2||employ data management strategies for quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods research|
|3||interpret quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods data analysis|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- select appropriate data and statistical analyses to answer a research question
- employ data management strategies for quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods research
- interpret quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods data analysis
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.