Introduces students to business analytics. Statistical tools to analyse and model real-world situations and data are developed. The interpretation and communication of the results are emphasised. Excel is used for statistical calculations.
Module 1: Introduction to business analytics
Module 2: Probability and data modelling
Module 3: Statistical distributions
Module 4: Confidence interval estimations
Module 5: Hypothesis testing
Module 6: Introduction to regression modelling
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically analyse and interpret business and economic data to inform decision making|
|2||critically evaluate business and economic data that is characterised by uncertainty|
|3||analyse and apply regression modelling techniques to evaluate and inform decision making.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically analyse and interpret business and economic data to inform decision making
- critically evaluate business and economic data that is characterised by uncertainty
- analyse and apply regression modelling techniques to evaluate and inform decision making.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- This is the ISBN for the Value Pack Basic Business Statistics + PHStat Access kit for Statistics: Berenson, ML, Levine, DM, Szabat, KA, O’Brien, M, Jayne, N & Watson, J, 2018, Basic Business Statistics, 5th edn, Pearson Australia. ISBN: 9781488687921.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.