Introduces students to business analytics. Statistical tools to analyse and model real-world situations and data are developed. The interpretation and communication of the results are emphasised. Excel is used for statistical calculations.
- Introduction to business analytics
- Probability and data modelling
- Statistical distributions
- Confidence interval estimations
- Hypothesis testing
- Introduction to regression modelling
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically analyse and interpret business and economic data to inform decision making|
|2||critically evaluate business and economic data that is characterised by uncertainty|
|3||analyse and apply regression modelling techniques to evaluate and inform decision making.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically analyse and interpret business and economic data to inform decision making
- critically evaluate business and economic data that is characterised by uncertainty
- analyse and apply regression modelling techniques to evaluate and inform decision making.
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.