This is the first of three Honours Thesis units which collectively provide students with an opportunity to engage in academic research in social work through the completion, under guidance, of a thesis. In this unit, students will be supported to develop their understanding of the requirements for successfully completing an Honours thesis, identify a suitable topic of enquiry and undertake a literature review for their research project.
With guidance from an academic supervisor, students will cover the following topics in this unit:
- Introduction to Honours
- Research and social work practice
- Planning and conducting an Honours research project
- Exploring areas of enquiry and reviewing literature
- Introduction to research theory and methodology
- Working with a supervisor
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||recognise the requirements for successful completion of an Honours research project|
|2||synthesise a body of disciplinary knowledge to identify an appropriate area of research enquiry|
|3||critically review research literature|
|4||propose a project timeline|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- recognise the requirements for successful completion of an Honours research project
- synthesise a body of disciplinary knowledge to identify an appropriate area of research enquiry
- critically review research literature
- propose a project timeline
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.