Provides students with an opportunity to engage in academic research in social work through the completion, under guidance, of a thesis. This is the first of three thesis units.
With guidance from an academic supervisor, students will typically cover the following topics during their thesis project units:
1. Thesis planning.
2. Planning and conducting a research project.
3. Applying relevant methodologies.
4. Writing a draft thesis.
5. Completing a thesis.
6. Disseminating research.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate knowledge in a discipline related to your research|
|2||practice ethical and inclusive enquiry and communication|
|3||demonstrate autonomy in one's learning and responsibility in one's practice as a researcher|
|4||apply critical thinking and analysis skills|
|5||create research project outputs that demonstrate research and research design skills, critical thinking, initiative and judgement in developing new understanding|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge in a discipline related to your research
- practice ethical and inclusive enquiry and communication
- demonstrate autonomy in one's learning and responsibility in one's practice as a researcher
- apply critical thinking and analysis skills
- create research project outputs that demonstrate research and research design skills, critical thinking, initiative and judgement in developing new understanding
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.