Not currently available in 2023
This is the third of three Honours Thesis units which collectively provide students with an opportunity to engage in academic research in social work through the completion, under guidance, of a thesis. In this final unit, students will be supported to conduct their research, write and submit their thesis, and communicate findings from their research.
With guidance from an academic supervisor, students will cover the following topics in this unit:
- Collecting data
- Analysing and interpreting data
- Discussing findings and implications
- Writing a draft thesis
- Completing a thesis
- Translating and disseminating research
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate advanced knowledge in the discipline of social work|
|2||practice ethical and inclusive enquiry and communication|
|3||create a research body of work that demonstrates research design skills, critical thinking, initiative and well-developed judgement|
|4||communicate research using written and verbal formats|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate advanced knowledge in the discipline of social work
- practice ethical and inclusive enquiry and communication
- create a research body of work that demonstrates research design skills, critical thinking, initiative and well-developed judgement
- communicate research using written and verbal formats
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.