|SCU Online||Study Period 2,6||Study Period 2,6|
Develops knowledge and skills centred on the preparation and delivery of professional experience education for nursing and other health disciplines. Explores issues pertinent to the facilitator’s responsibilities in balancing an optimal education experience for the student with quality professional advice and services. Analyses and synthesizes a range of contemporary adult learning theories which are integrated into the unit through discussion and reflection.
- The broad landscape of professional experience learning in a clinical setting
- Managing the learning environment for patient safety
- Teaching and applying critical reflection of professional experience education
- The inclusion of the patient’s voice in professional experience education
- Providing and monitoring the students’ application of the feedback they are provided
- Assessing students’ work at the point of patient care
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||compare and contrast the difference between supervising and facilitating learning in professional placements||Intellectual rigour|
|2||critically analyse ways in which facilitating learning supports patient safety, patient-centred care and student-centred teaching||Ethical practice|
|3||evaluate the features of effective feedback that encourages students to reflect on their knowledge, skills, behaviours and clinical practice methodologies.||Communication and social skills|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- compare and contrast the difference between supervising and facilitating learning in professional placements
- GA1: Intellectual rigour
- critically analyse ways in which facilitating learning supports patient safety, patient-centred care and student-centred teaching
- GA3: Ethical practice
- evaluate the features of effective feedback that encourages students to reflect on their knowledge, skills, behaviours and clinical practice methodologies.
- GA6: Communication and social skills
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.