Consolidate learning from previous units and provide students with the opportunity to apply their learning to practical teaching experience. The unit will: (i) prepare students to undertake a successful professional experience placement, (ii) facilitate the satisfactory completion of a professional experience placement in an infant and toddler setting (birth to 2 years), and (iii) enable students’ critical reflection on their professional experience placement. This unit consists of a compulsory one-day pre-professional experience briefing (or equivalent), followed by an onsite professional experience and two-hour post-professional experience de-brief.
Preparation for placement followed by Professional Experience.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||understand and meet the expectations and requirements of a professional environment|
|2||understand, observe and apply standards and principles in a professional environment|
|3||critically record relevant examples of professional practice|
|4||critically and creatively reflect on professional experiences|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- understand and meet the expectations and requirements of a professional environment
- understand, observe and apply standards and principles in a professional environment
- critically record relevant examples of professional practice
- critically and creatively reflect on professional experiences
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Sims, M.,& Hutchins, T. , 2020, Program planning for infants and toddlers, 3rd, Pademelon Press, Jamberoo, NSW. ISBN: 9781876138578.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.