Not currently available in 2023
Recognises students' learning through the completion of a vocational qualification equivalent to the TAFE (or other recognised VET organisation) Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design and Technology, including the completion of essential competencies (or equivalents) as outlined by the School of Education.
1. Use a sewing machine for fashion design
2. Identify fibres, fabrics and textiles used in TCF industry
3. Sew components, complex tasks
4. Modify patterns to create basic styles
5. Draw and interpret a basic sketch
6. Identify fabric performance and handling requirements
7. Design and produce a simple garment
8. Identify design process for fashion designs
9. Work safely
10. Apply quality standards
11. Prepare and produce a complex whole garment from specifications
12. Embellish garment by hand or machine
13. Sew woven and stretch knit garments
14. Prepare design concept for a simple garment
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate skills and knowledge in applied fashion design and technology consistent with the core competencies outlined in the syllabus section of this statement.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate skills and knowledge in applied fashion design and technology consistent with the core competencies outlined in the syllabus section of this statement.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.