Applies core managerial, operational and regulatory concepts to the broader aviation sector, including commercial aviation, military aviation, general aviation, intermodal transport networks, airports and aviation-related industries.
Module 1: An introduction to the Aviation Sector
Module 2: Aviation Related Industries
Module 3: Aviation and Connected Transport Systems
Module 4: Aviation Technology and the Environment
Module 5: Aviation Safety and Security
Module 6: The Future of Aviation
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate a knowledge of the structure and role of the aviation sector and related industries|
|2||demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills when examining core aviation issues|
|3||identify the impact of emerging trends on the aviation sector and related industries.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate a knowledge of the structure and role of the aviation sector and related industries
- demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills when examining core aviation issues
- identify the impact of emerging trends on the aviation sector and related industries.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Budd, L & Ison, S (eds.), 2020, Air Transport Management: An International Perspective, 2nd edn, Routledge, London and New York. ISBN: 9780367280574.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.