Provides insight into global issues which challenge hotel and tourism development in the 21st century. Adopts a student-focused strategy aimed at students developing an understanding of the contemporary trends by focusing on areas/issues of tourism supply and demand.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||examine current global issues that may influence tourism and hotel development|
|2||demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which the media can influence tourism development|
|3||evaluate and apply risk management processes|
|4||critically evaluate developments in the international transport sector|
|5||analyse the emergence and development of visitor markets and experiences|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- examine current global issues that may influence tourism and hotel development
- demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which the media can influence tourism development
- evaluate and apply risk management processes
- critically evaluate developments in the international transport sector
- analyse the emergence and development of visitor markets and experiences
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.