Uses applied case studies and scenarios to focus on operations, management and infrastructure for sustainable multi-unit food services organisations. Students will gain knowledge of contemporary and emerging food services trends, as well as critical management tools for best practice food services management.
- Introduction to multi-unit food services
- Organization of multi-unit restaurant chains: Corporate governance
- The Foundation: Vision, mission, and culture of food services organizations
- CEO, management and employee benefits and performance metrics
- Multi-unit crises: How to recognize, react and avoid future crises
- Multi-unit growth factors: IPO and Franchising as alternatives
- The Reach: Marketing, advertising and public relations
- Management and employee selection and turnover
- Customer service and customer loyalty
- Careers in foodservice: Company culture and future opportunities
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Describe the range and organization of food service industries||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||Examine a company’s strengths and weaknesses||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||Evaluate marketing strengths in the areas of décor, signage, uniforms, radio, television, print and social media||Intellectual rigour||Creativity|
|4||Analyse management decisions relating to the success and/or failure of foodservice chains||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|5||Critically discuss emerging trends across food service industries||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2017 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.