Uses applied case studies and scenarios to focus on operations, management and infrastructure for sustainable multi-unit food services organisations. Students will gain knowledge of contemporary and emerging food services trends, as well as critical management tools for best practice food services management.
- Introduction to multi-unit food services
- Organization of multi-unit restaurant chains: Corporate governance
- The Foundation: Vision, mission, and culture of food services organizations
- CEO, management and employee benefits and performance metrics
- Multi-unit crises: How to recognize, react and avoid future crises
- Multi-unit growth factors: IPO and Franchising as alternatives
- The Reach: Marketing, advertising and public relations
- Management and employee selection and turnover
- Customer service and customer loyalty
- Careers in foodservice: Company culture and future opportunities
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Describe the range and organization of food service industries||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||Examine a company’s strengths and weaknesses||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||Evaluate marketing strengths in the areas of décor, signage, uniforms, radio, television, print and social media||Intellectual rigour||Creativity|
|4||Analyse management decisions relating to the success and/or failure of foodservice chains||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|5||Critically discuss emerging trends across food service industries||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2018 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.