Explores the nature of issues and are introduced to the critical enquiry methods required in the context of Arts and Business Studies. Students will learn how to write a report and communicate their explanations and conclusions.
The unit consists of six modules:
- Thinking critically about issues
- Examining issues through reports
- The issue of sustainability
- Sustainability perspectives
- Sustainability initiatives
- Conclusions and recommendations
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||define the concept of an issue within the context of Arts or Business studies|
|2||use diverse perspectives to undertake and manage guided research and enquiry|
|3||use diverse perspectives to explain an issue|
|4||communicate conclusions/recommendations about the issue using academic conventions within Arts or Business studies.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- define the concept of an issue within the context of Arts or Business studies
- use diverse perspectives to undertake and manage guided research and enquiry
- use diverse perspectives to explain an issue
- communicate conclusions/recommendations about the issue using academic conventions within Arts or Business studies.
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.