Introduces key concepts and perspectives related to understanding community development and identifies skills and issues where they are relevant to community development. Community development infers social change driven by the community. The two major areas of study are theoretical accounts of community development, and community development skills and issue.
- Definitions, history and principles of community development
- Social, political and economic contexts of community development practice
- Theoretical foundations of community development practice
- Dimensions of community development
- Power in community development
- Community development roles and skills
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe community development using values, principles and concepts of community development|
|2||identify and discuss practices of community development, including the contemporary contexts of practice|
|3||discuss community development as an approach to social development, philosophy and political action|
|4||identify and discuss contemporary issues and critiques of community development.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe community development using values, principles and concepts of community development
- identify and discuss practices of community development, including the contemporary contexts of practice
- discuss community development as an approach to social development, philosophy and political action
- identify and discuss contemporary issues and critiques of community development.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.