Critically analyses human services planning and examines the organisational dimensions of delivering human services, including teamwork, leadership, governance and the management of resources.
Topic 1: Human Services Organisations: purpose and direction setting
Topic 2: Ideological, legislative, policy and organisational context
Topic 3: Politics, ethics and social justice in planning and delivering services
Topic 4: Structuring for service delivery
Topic 5: From needs identification to planning and delivery
Topic 6: Managing people, process and scarce resources
Topic 7: The worker and workforce in Human Services Organisations
Topic 8: Professional relationships, collaborative practice and team work
Topic 9: Service users experiencing service delivery, issues of power, participation and advocacy
Topic 10: Future directions and social innovation in human services planning and delivery.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically analyse human services planning with particular reference to ethical and social justice issues|
|2||demonstrate skills in teamwork and leadership|
|3||analyse how human services organisational policies, structure and culture impact on service delivery|
|4||identify processes that enable service users to influence service delivery and design.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically analyse human services planning with particular reference to ethical and social justice issues
- demonstrate skills in teamwork and leadership
- analyse how human services organisational policies, structure and culture impact on service delivery
- identify processes that enable service users to influence service delivery and design.
- Ozanne, E & Rose, D , 2013, The organisational context of human service practice, 1st edn, Palgrave Macmillan, South Yarra, Vic.. ISBN: 9781420256390.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.