Provides students with foundational knowledges in active reading and writing practices and prepares them for a writing life based on creativity, critical interpretation and writing skills. Students will begin a portfolio of creative work and engage in the giving and receiving of critical feedback integral to their writing practice.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||understand the connections between creativity and writing practice|
|2||demonstrate knowledge of foundational creative writing skills|
|3||demonstrate an understanding of the different forms/genres of creative writing|
|4||reflect critically on their own and others' writing.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- understand the connections between creativity and writing practice
- demonstrate knowledge of foundational creative writing skills
- demonstrate an understanding of the different forms/genres of creative writing
- reflect critically on their own and others' writing.
- No prescribed texts.
- Cowan, A, 2011, The Art of Writing Fiction, Pearson, Great Britain. ISBN: 978-1408248348.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.